Security Intern, Technical Project Manager
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook’s Protect & Care team is seeking a highly talented and motivated technical program management intern to help keep the billions of people who use our family of products safe from real world threats. The TPM team partners with Engineering teams to build programs designed to solve some of Facebook’s toughest security problems. We are a data driven team, seeking to discover and implement innovative solutions that solve complex problems with both sustainability and scalability in mind. Technical Program Managers at Facebook navigate loosely defined problem spaces and turn them into well oiled programs by seeing the big picture, driving consensus, and finally driving execution across teams to uphold the safety and security of our family of products. We work across all domains of security and across all layers of the tech stack at Facebook.Successful candidates for this team have a bias toward action, finding connections where none exist, and are able to quickly build rapport across teams to identify and execute on a common goal. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical foundation, experience working with data, and the ability to build influence by doing. This position is located in Menlo Park, CA and will begin in Summer 2017.
- Move fast in a flat organization by working in concert with technical project managers and engineers across Facebook to establish a shared vision for a project
- Conduct technical project planning, coordination, prioritization, and communication with stakeholders enable project execution using lightweight approaches
- Articulate the technology, requirements, goals, success metrics, and milestones of your projects
- Build bridges with product and infrastructure teams to discover adoption challenges, champion secure development and security product adoption
- A Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or relevant technical field experience
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills with an ability to work across highly technical cross-functional teams
- Ability to function effectively in a fast paced environment and adapt to different working styles with minimal supervision
- Must be organized, detail and goal oriented, and a self-starter
- Ability to be hands on keyboard when needed
- Experience with SQL or other query languages used for analysis and reporting
- Understanding of the technical architecture of complex and highly scalable web applications is a plus
- Previous internships in a web/internet start-up environment a plus
- Leadership experience in a technical environment a plus
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top