Security Intern, Technical Program Manager
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook’s Protect & Care team is seeking a highly talented and motivated technical program management intern to help keep the billions of people who use our family of products safe from real world threats. The TPM team partners with Engineering teams to build programs designed to solve some of Facebook’s toughest security problems. We are a data driven team, seeking to discover and implement innovative solutions that solve complex problems with both sustainability and scalability in mind. Technical Program Managers at Facebook navigate loosely defined problem spaces and turn them into well oiled programs by seeing the big picture, driving consensus, and finally driving execution across teams to uphold the safety and security of our family of products. We work across all domains of security and across all layers of the tech stack at Facebook.Successful candidates for this team have a bias toward action, finding connections where none exist, and are able to quickly build rapport across teams to identify and execute on a common goal. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical foundation, experience working with data, and the ability to build influence by doing. This position is located in Menlo Park, CA and will begin in Summer 2017.
- Ability to work with others on cross-functional software engineering & security infrastructure projects that cover a range of areas (data protection, securing data infrastructure, data analytics, deployment and configuration, general tooling)
- Help provide hands on program management during all stages of goal progression, including analysis, design, development, testing, implementation/deployment, and measurements
- Perform risk identification and management for programs
- Provide day-to-day coordination for projects and tasks
- Help drive process and communications improvements across multiple teams and functions
- Deep passion for technical details and understanding Facebook’s mission in connecting the world
- Pursuing a B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or a closely related technical discipline
- Knowledge of distributed systems, authorization and authentication systems, encryption, data infrastructures, machine learning, attacker TPP, and large scale infrastructure services a plus
- Working knowledge of Project and Program Management skills and tools
- Strong organizational and coordination skills along with multitasking capabilities to get things done in a fast paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain work authorization in the United States in 2017
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top