Security Engineering Manager, Threat Infrastructure
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is in search of the world's most creative and experienced engineering leaders. We embrace entrepreneurs as well as those who come from more established organizations. Facebook's Automated Malware Tools team is seeking an experienced Security Engineering Manager to help keep our two billion users safe from real world threats. You will build large, distributed solutions to allow us triage and examine malware targeting our platforms. We are looking for a candidate with a passion for security and the knowledge that it begins with people.
- Manage a team of high-performing security engineers developing solutions to automate malware analysis.
- Develop a roadmap for future work, track progress against it, and evaluate the team's performance.
- Hold your own in technical discussion, be a subject matter expert, and have strategic influence.
- Identify new techniques and solutions which increase the team's ability to provide solutions for customers.
- Provide mentorship, support, and career development opportunities for team members and enable the team to scale.
- Work with other Infrastructure teams to divide and conquer challenges related to malware from a broad spectrum of actors.
- Build strong relationships with internal partners to identify and facilitate solutions to increase the impact of the team's work.
- Contribute to the growth and development of the Infrastructure organization.
- Prior experience in at least one of PHP, Python, C++, or Java.
- Demonstrated domain experience in malware analysis, threat detection, forensics, or a related field. This may include incident response, software development, threat intelligence, or other related endeavors.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and manage technical teams, including performance management.
- Must be able to translate highly technical concepts into language that is meaningful to audiences, including software engineers, business and technical leaders and external security community members and press.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or 4+ years relevant work experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top