Security Engineering Intern, Product Security
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is hiring a Security Engineering Intern for the Product Security Assessments and Analysis team. You will work with one of the best security teams in the world, making sure that the data we are trusted to protect is secured to the highest standard. The ideal candidate will share our passion for engineering solutions to complex security problems while minimizing friction and maximizing productivity. This position will begin in Summer 2017 and has opportunities in Menlo Park, CA or Seattle, WA.
- Write code and develop systems to improve Facebook’s security
- Perform security assessments, working closely with development teams on identifying security issues in their code and finding solutions to provide required functionality securely
- Interact directly with the security community regarding potential vulnerabilities and threats as part of our Whitehat Bug Bounty program
- Pursuing a degree (Bachelors, Masters or PhD) in Computer Science or related field
- Enthusiasm for hunting for potential weaknesses and then crafting creative solutions to eliminate them
- Experience in web application and/or mobile security issues
- Excellent communication abilities
- Familiarity with an interpreted programming language (PHP, Python, Perl, Ruby, etc)
- Contributions to the security community are a huge plus (public research, blogging, presentations, bug bounty participation, etc)
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top