Security Engineering Intern, Product Security
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is hiring a Security Engineering Intern for the Product Security Assessments and Analysis team. You will work with one of the best security teams in the world, making sure that the data we are trusted to protect is secured to the highest standard. The ideal candidate will share our passion for engineering solutions to complex security problems while minimizing friction and maximizing productivity. This position will begin in Winter 2018 and based in Menlo Park, CA, for either a 12 week internship or a 16 week co-op.
- Write code and develop systems to improve Facebook's security
- Perform security assessments, working closely with development teams on identifying security issues in their code and finding solutions to provide required functionality securely
- Interact directly with the security community regarding potential vulnerabilities and threats as part of our Whitehat Bug Bounty program
- Pursuing a degree (Bachelors, Masters or PhD) in Computer Science or related field
- Enthusiasm for hunting for potential weaknesses and then crafting creative solutions to eliminate them
- Experience in web application and/or mobile security issues
- Familiarity with an interpreted programming language (PHP, Python, Perl, Ruby, etc)
- Contributions to the security community are a huge plus (public research, blogging, presentations, bug bounty participation, etc)
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top