Security Engineering Intern, Online Safety Security
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook Online Safety team within Security is seeking an intern to build technical solutions across various safety areas. The ideal candidate would be passionate about protecting the most vulnerable populations who use our platform, and committed to making the world a safer place where people can be more open and connected. This position is located in Menlo Park, CA.
- Brainstorm, design, develop, and improve on technical products used to facilitate cybercrime investigations and safety initiatives
- Manage multiple research projects at once while effectively prioritizing time based on team priorities
- Document all research for consumption by other team members and management
- Work closely with the rest of the technical and investigations staff and other teams within the company
- Pursuing a M.S. Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- Experience developing and debugging in PHP, JS and HTML
- Knowledge of writing scripts in Bash, Perl, or Python
- Experience with SQL
- Excellent time management, organizational skills and self-motivation
- Excellent communication skills and high attention to detail
- Significant technical curiosity and willingness to learn
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top