Security Engineering Intern, Compliance Analyst
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced Security Policy and Compliance Analyst Intern to join our team. This position will be responsible for understanding and supporting the design of Facebook’s organizational, procedural and technological security controls within the context of the global regulatory frameworks applicable to our business. The position will also help codify these controls in supporting documentation and explain them to internal and external stakeholders. The Security Policy and Compliance Analyst Intern will be someone that has a passion for gaining experience in understanding broad aspects of Information Security for a company supporting over a billion users with a diverse set of products. This role requires a mix of broad, business and technical acumen and a polished ability to communicate with members of the team. This role is an Intern position located at our headquarters in Menlo Park, CA.
- Help demonstrate Facebook’s commitment to security within the company
- Understand technical implementation details necessary to assess security
- Participate in the development and oversight of required corrective action plans relating to security compliance issues
- Identify, research, and evaluate new compliance requirements and present them to the team
- Support the identification of technical security controls required by the Irish Data Protection Act, Federal Trade Commission, Sarbanes-Oxley, Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), regulations governing personally identifiable information (PII), and other applicable regulatory compliance frameworks
- Partner with team members to ensure successful security programs align with compliance requirements
- Assist with aligning and codifying controls to show how they are mitigating information security risk
- Understand the security needs of internal and external stakeholders around external business partners
- Assist with daily activities and functions such as assessing vendors for security risk and provisioning application access
- Passion for Information Security and how Facebook protects its over 1 billion users
- Experience with analyzing data into information
- Experience with project management
- Technical classwork or experience such as application development and computer science, networking, Information Security principles, and system administration
- Experience with applying security controls to an IT environment and gathering evidence of those controls preferred
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to work effectively with individuals across various levels
- Majors in computer science, computer engineering, or business technology preferred
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top