Security Engineer - Threat Infrastructure
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook's Threat Infrastructure team is seeking an experienced system engineers to help keep our billion users safe from real world threats. You will build large, distributed security solutions that allow security teams from around the world to share data about real world threats via Facebook's platforms. We are looking for a candidate with a passion for security and innovation, who will research and develop new solutions to protect our users but also help us share the goodness to make the internet a safer place for all.
- Design core, backend software components
- Code using primarily PHP and C/C++
- Implement abuse detection systems to surface threats
- Interface with other teams to incorporate their innovations and vice versa
- Take a leadership role in driving internal security and privacy initiatives
- Conduct design and code reviews
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Enthusiasm for the constant fight to ensure security and privacy on the internet
- Extensive experience building large-scale server applications
- Expert knowledge developing and debugging in PHP, C/C++ or Java/C#
- Knowledge of Perl or Python a plus
- Experience with operating system internals, filesystems, programming language design, compilers also a plus
- Excellent communication abilities
- Contributions to the security community are a huge plus (public research, blogging, presentations, etc)
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top