Security Engineer - Platform, Cloud, Network Engineering
Facebook Security is seeking a highly talented and motivated Security Engineer who is passionate about solving complex security problems at scale. The ideal candidate will share our passion for working with the latest technologies to design and build solutions to complex security problems that leverage both open source projects and Facebook's production infrastructure. Our core mission is to ensure that the data, devices and user experiences that we are trusted to protect are secured to the highest standards within our corporate environment.
This is a high impact role working alongside some of the best security people in the world to design, build and support the infrastructure and services that allow Facebook to move fast and scale securely. In a company where big ideas and radical new approaches are encouraged, we focus on a collaborative approach to creatively enable and maximize productivity while minimizing employee friction.
SECURITY ENGINEER - PLATFORM, CLOUD, NETWORK ENGINEERING RESPONSIBILITIES
- Apply holistic solutions that fix security issues, mitigate security risks based on the interpretation of information from multiple sources and large data sets (data analytics) and enhance our overall security posture for corporate infrastructure and tools
- Conduct regular security assessments for core internal services ranging from physical security systems to complex web applications
- Develop and drive the adoption of centralized security policies leveraging cloud/SaaS-based solutions, data handling standards and successfully draw from existing security programs, proactively mitigating relevant security risks with a focus on the protection of our employees, corporate assets and infrastructure
- Perform root cause analysis of security-related platform and network-based issues, recommending corrective actions while collaboratively working with third-party vendors and internal partner teams to implement technologies focused on the secure improvement of performance, reliability and scalability
- Positively raise awareness and understanding across the company with a variety of internal partner teams and provide security guidance on a constant stream of new projects and technologies while sharing your passion for security
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience developing tools using an interpreted programming language (PHP, Python, Ruby, PowerShell, etc.)
- Experience with the onboarding (pen testing of applications, hosts and network infrastructure), authentication and lifecycle management for container and cloud platforms (Docker, AWS, Azure)
- Knowledge of internet security issues and the threat landscape with knowledge of network protocols (TCP/IP, computer networking, routing and switching fundamentals), system behavior (UNIX, OS X, Linux and Windows) as well as DLP, AV and anti-malware tools
- Experience with the implementation of countermeasures for the hardening of operating system internals and client platforms across multiple desktop and mobile platform environments
- Problem solving and troubleshooting experience, working independently or with a team
- Experience with system administration for multiple on-premise platforms and applications as well as hosted/cloud platform as a service (PaaS) solutions
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
RELATED JOB OPENINGS
- Engineering Manager - Authorization
- Engineering Manager - Product Security Assessments and Analysis
Menlo Park, CA + 2 More
- Global EHS Manager, Occupational Health
Menlo Park, CA + 1 More
- Global Security, Regional Investigator, GSII
Menlo Park, CA
- Security Engineer - Infrastructure Tooling and Automation
Menlo Park, CA + 1 More
- Software Engineering Manager - Core Infra Security
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com . Requests sent to this email address that do not pertain to disability or religious accommodations cannot be answered.
Questions? Check out our FAQs.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Yumeng T.Research Scientist
Yumeng spends her days working with machine learning models for search products and completing product-level coding projects.
Back to top