Security Engineer - Online Safety, Security
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Online Safety team within Information Security is seeking a security engineer to help keep our users safe from real world threats. Are you passionate about protecting the most vulnerable populations who use our platforms? Do you thrive in cross-functional and collaborative environments? Do you want to support our investigative team to identify areas for process improvement? Are you a fixer? Then, join our team to help us make the world a safer place where people can be more open and connected! This position is located in Menlo Park, CA.
- Work closely with cybercrime investigators to identify sources of abusive behavior and countermeasures to stop abuse
- Develop and improve on technical products used to facilitate cybercrime investigations and online safety initiatives
- Partner with data science and engineering to implement abuse detection systems to surface criminal activity on Facebook
- Use analysis and metrics to improve workflow and processes that increase our team's operational efficiency and impact
- Code using primarily PHP
- Manage multiple projects at once while effectively prioritizing time based on team priorities
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of developing and debugging in object-oriented programming languages, i.e. PHP, Java, etc.
- Knowledge of scripting languages, i.e. Python, Bash, or Perl
- Familiarity with SQL
- Time management, organizational, and self-motivation skills
- Communication skills and high attention to detail
- Experience in a similar role and at an Internet-based company
- Contributions to the security community are a plus (public research, blogging, presentations, etc)
Back to top