Security Engineer Intern, eCrime
(Menlo Park, CA - Washington, DC)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook's security team is seeking a highly talented and motivated Security Engineer Intern. With over a billion people using Facebook and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career here offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. The Security team at Facebook protects the security and privacy of over a billion people, is responsible for monitoring internal tools and external threats against the company systems and infrastructure, and designs scalable security solutions. We make life hard for the bad guys. The eCrime team within Facebook Security investigates the most egregious attacks and abuse of our user, sites and employees. The team is looking for an intern with a passion for the investigation and analysis of cybercrime.This position is located in Menlo Park, CA or Washington, DC and will begin in Summer 2018.
- Support investigations into Facebook and Instagram accounts to identify sources of abusive behavior
- Summarize and present information from investigations and reports to internal teams
- Help to build and chart networks to stop abuse
- Gather, synthesize and analyze relevant data, suggesting improvements in the tools and techniques to help scale the team and mitigate future risk
- Interest in online cyber investigations
- Experience with analytical tools, internet based research tools and relational databases
- Interest in performing complex link analysis based on technical artifacts, and conducting thorough online investigations
- Knowledge of – or eagerness to learn – how to use and write scripts in PHP, Python, Haskell, or Bash, etc.
- Passionate about the subject of criminology on the Internet
- Experience to protect confidential information and users' privacy
- Additional language skills preferred
- Pursing a Bachelor's or a Master's degree in relevant fields
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top