Security Engineer Intern. Corporate Security
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebookâ€™s security team is seeking a highly talented and motivated Security Engineering Intern. With over 1.7 billion people using Facebook and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career here offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. The Security team at Facebook protects the security and privacy of over 1.7 billion people, is responsible for monitoring internal tools and external threats against the company systems and infrastructure, and designs scalable security solutions. We make life hard for the bad guys.
For this role the ideal candidates are passionate about the security of corporate infrastructure and services .
This position is located in Menlo Park, CA and will begin in Summer 2019.
- Develop solutions to harden platforms and increase the security posture of FBâ€™s corporate infrastructure
- Build internal tools that inhibit an attacker and can detect security issues
- Assess and implement vendor security solutions that support our mission
- Perform security assessments of anything from a physical security system to a complex web application
- Proactively find and fix security problems
- Pursuing B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- Knowledge of Internet security issues and the threat landscape
- Understanding of host, network and application security
- Background in GNU/Linux, Windows and OS X
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, and network services such as DNS, SMTP, DHCP, etc,
- Knowledge of using and writing scripts in PHP, Python, or Bash, etc.
Back to top