Security Engineer Intern, CERT & Detection Infra
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebookâ€™s Security team is seeking a security engineer intern to help keep our employees and people using Facebook safe from real world threats. You will build solutions and policies to detect threats to the company. As a successful candidate, you will bring your passion and experience for engineering novel security detection measures and deploying them across Facebook's infrastructure. We are looking for someone who loves reimagining what's possible when it comes to detecting and disrupting attackers and builds software to realize those ideas.
- Learn about and develop software to enable new detection capabilities.
- Analyze the latest attacker techniques and apply solutions to detect them.
- Build systems to enable Facebook's security teams to rapidly discover attacker methodologies.
- Triage and analyze alerts on potentially malicious activity on our networks and hosts.
- Write code to support and improve our analysis tools (Haskell, PHP, Python, SQL)
- Write signatures to track malware (Yara, Suricata, etc)
- Passion for understanding the latest discoveries in attack research.
- Interest in malware analysis, network and PCAP analysis, intrusion detection, threat intelligence, and digital forensics
- Enthusiasm for finding and eradicating malicious activity and a desire to make life hard for the bad guys.
- Knowledge of host and network based attacks.
- Communication abilities.
- Experience and proficiency in programming languages. Preferred languages are: PHP/C/C++, Python, Haskell or any functional programming language, and SQL
- B.S., M.S., or PhD candidate in Computer Science or related field graduating in December 2019 or later.
- Contributions to the security community (open source, public research, blogging, presentations, etc).
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top