Security Engineer Intern, Abuse
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook's Security team is looking for a highly motivated Security Engineer to join our internal investigations team responsible for detecting and investigating threats to Facebook. Candidates should have a strong technical background, experience with data analysis, investigative tools, system and network administration, and the ability to build or automate tasks and tools. This is a unique opportunity to protect the data and privacy of our company, employees, and community by detecting, investigating, and mitigating the insider threat.
- Build and monitor detection rules to detect and deter malicious behavior, and defend against insider threats
- Write code to support and improve our analysis tools (Haskell, PHP, Python, SQL)
- Conduct data-driven research into user/entity behavior to surface anomalies or risks to the company
- Summarize and present information from investigations to cross-functional teams.
- Experience and proficiency in programming languages. Preferred languages are: PHP/C/C++, Python, Haskell or any functional programming language
- Interest or experience working with large data sets, experience working with distributed computing tools a plus (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, etc)
- Understanding of operating systems (Windows, macOS, Linux) and database tools (e.g. Hbase, SQL, or similar)
- Knowledge of statistical analysis concepts, tools and languages (e.g. R, matlab) a plus
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Enthusiasm for the constant fight to ensure security and privacy of private data.
- B.S., M.S., or PhD candidate in Computer Science or related field graduating in December 2018 or later
Back to top