Security Engineer - Infrastructure Tooling and Automation
Facebook Security is seeking a highly talented and motivated Security Engineer who is passionate about solving complex security problems at scale. The ideal candidate will share our passion for working with the latest technologies to design and build solutions to complex security problems that leverage both open source projects and Facebook's production infrastructure. Our core mission is to ensure that the data, devices and user experiences that we are trusted to protect are secured to the highest standards within our corporate environment.
This is a high impact role working alongside some of the best security people in the world to design, build and support the infrastructure and services that allow Facebook to move fast and scale securely. In a company where big ideas and radical new approaches are encouraged, we focus on a collaborative approach to creatively enable and maximize productivity while minimizing employee friction.
SECURITY ENGINEER - INFRASTRUCTURE TOOLING AND AUTOMATION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assess, build and implement tools and automation to proactively detect, and respond to, security risks and threats for internal corporate services
- Apply holistic solutions that fix security issues and mitigate security risks based on the interpretation of information from multiple sources and large data sets (data analytics)
- Partner with the Enterprise Engineering and other cross-functional partners to proactively identify gaps, develop and build centralized tools and solutions for decentralized teams to enable their ability to meet the challenges and requirements of the business while securely scaling core services and platforms
- Collaborate with the Detection Infrastructure and Threat Intelligence Security teams to build solutions that are informed by and integrated with detection systems
- Positively raise awareness and understanding across the company with a variety of internal partner teams and provide security guidance on a constant stream of new projects and technologies while sharing your passion for security
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience developing tools using an interpreted programming language such as PHP, Python, Ruby, PowerShell, etc.
- Experience in developing and debugging object-oriented programming languages such as PHP, Java, etc.
- Knowledge of internet security issues and the threat landscape
- Knowledge and experience in network and systems infrastructure
- Problem solving and troubleshooting experience, both working independently or with a team
- Software Engineering experience
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
RELATED JOB OPENINGS
- Engineering Manager - Authorization
- Engineering Manager - Product Security Assessments and Analysis
Menlo Park, CA + 2 More
- Global EHS Manager, Occupational Health
Menlo Park, CA + 1 More
- Global Security, Regional Investigator, GSII
Menlo Park, CA
- Security Engineer - Platform, Cloud, Network Engineering
Menlo Park, CA + 1 More
- Software Engineering Manager - Core Infra Security
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com . Requests sent to this email address that do not pertain to disability or religious accommodations cannot be answered.
Questions? Check out our FAQs.
Back to top