Security Engineer, Facebook Reality Labs
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
At Facebook Reality Labs, we build secure products for the future of virtual and augmented reality. We are looking for a strong Security Engineer who can join our FRL Security Assurance team and help build a comprehensive hardware and software security review program to ensure that security & privacy are designed into our products (Oculus, Horizon, Portal) and our operating systems (VROS, XROS, and Portal OS). You will be part of one of the best security teams in the world, working with FRL to make sure that the devices we produce and the data we are trusted to protect are secured to the highest standard. The ideal candidate will share our passion for securing computing platforms and solving challenging security problems, while minimizing friction and maximizing productivity and impact. This is a technical position, requiring deep and broad technical knowledge across a range of security disciplines as the field comes with novel and unexplored threats. The ideal candidate will need to be adept at communicating at various levels of the organization, presenting arguments based on data, and representing Facebook's security team to cross-functional stakeholders at the executive level.
- Conduct strategic security review assessments on new and existing products
- Perform code reviews to proactively find potential vulnerabilities and recommend remediations to feature teams
- Develop and maintain deep technical understanding of product platforms
- Lead and drive forward the evolution of the Security Review Program
- Develop roadmaps for security and privacy assurance frameworks
- Build deep relationships with product and engineering leaders
- 8+ years experience in information security
- Understanding of operating systems, from boot loaders to applications
- Proficiency in at least one or more programming languages (C, C++, Java, C#, or Python)
- Experience conducting code review and providing advice on secure product design
- Experience communicating security risks and plans to address them to senior leadership
- Experience building relationships with key stakeholders and business leaders
- Experience with Android OS or application
- Experience with ARM/64, X86-64, RISC-V, and Hexagonal architectures
- Experience with embedded or mobile systems
- Experience with firmware
- Experience with gaming
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Back to top