Security Engineer - Detection Infrastructure
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook's Detection Infrastructure team is seeking an experienced security engineers to help keep our employees and people using Facebook safe from real world threats. You will build scalable, distributed security solutions for creating detection signals, instrumentation and frameworks across the breadth of Facebook infrastructure and service layers. As a successful candidate, you will bring your passion and experience for engineering novel security detection measures and deploying them across Facebook's infrastructure. We are looking for someone who loves reimagining what's possible when it comes to detecting and disrupting attackers and builds software to realize those ideas.
- Proactively develop software to enable new detection capabilities.
- Analyze the latest attacker techniques and apply solutions to detect them holistically.
- Build robust systems or frameworks to reliably facilitate detection of adversarial events in extremely large host and network ecosystems.
- Build systems to enable Facebook's security teams to rapidly innovate and adapt to attacker methodologies.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience applying the latest discoveries in attack research to detection
- Experience with operating system internals, filesystem internals, network instrumentation, or large scale data pipelines
- Knowledge developing and debugging in PHP, C/C++ or Java/C#
- Communication abilities
- Contributions to the security community (open source, public research, blogging, presentations, etc)
- Knowledge of host and network based attacks
- Knowledge of Haskell, Perl or Python
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top