Security and Law Enforcement Outreach Manager, APAC (Singapore)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a highly motivated team player to serve as its Security and Law Enforcement Outreach Manager based in Singapore. The position will be responsible for developing and maintaining strategic relationships with law enforcement authorities, government agencies, and related industry coalitions in Asia. The position will also be responsible for helping Facebook understand and anticipate how the intersection of geopolitical dynamics and security risks impact the people who use Facebook's products and help guide the company in its responses to these threats. The candidate will work cross-functionally with partners across the organization, and their analytic insights will be applied to make Facebook and its users more secure through product and policy changes.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing team and to work on novel issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
This position is a full-time role located in Singapore and would entail frequent travel within Asia and overseas.
- Develop a strategic program for managing effective working relationships with law enforcement, government authorities, and industry coalitions
- Work closely with the legal and public policy teams' on engagement with law enforcement authorities, regulators, and legislators on online safety, security and law enforcement issues
- Educate law enforcement authorities on our policies for protecting user privacy and responding to legal requests
- Assist in the development and execution of policies relating to the processing of legal requests from law enforcement authorities in Asia
- Monitor all-source information to pro-actively identify and assess threats that could potentially impact Facebook's global workforce and business operations.
- Support an environment of protecting Facebook's people, assets, and reputation through pro-active intelligence reporting, information sharing, and partnering with Global Security and cross-functional FB partners.
- Conduct research and analysis on the intersection of geopolitical and security risks as they apply to the Facebook platform and its community of users
- Work with investigation teams to develop and refer relevant matters to law enforcement authorities
- Work with internal teams and global safety organizations to develop and enhance safety awareness and other safety-related issues in the world.
- University degree or equivalent
- Extensive experience working with law enforcement, intelligence and/or Government authorities
- Prosecution or criminal investigation background or experience in a similar Internet safety and security role is preferred
- Technical knowledge and experience related to cybercrime and online investigations
- Experience with laws relating to law enforcement requests for data
- Experience understanding the intersection of global security risks
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic, start-up culture
- Willingness to work off hours and overtime, including the weekend and occasional holidays, in order to support emergency matters and interact with globally based company employees
- Strong public speaking & presentation skills
- Ability to frequently travel within Asia and occasional travel outside the region, particularly the United States
- Fluency in additional local or international language(s) preferred
Back to top