Security and Law Enforcement Outreach Manager
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a highly motivated team player to serve as its Security and Law Enforcement Outreach Manager based in Singapore or Jakarta. The position will be responsible for engaging with law enforcement in Asia to help Facebook learn about global threats that could manifest within Facebookâ€™s family of products in an effort to make Facebook and its users more secure through product and policy changes. The position will also be responsible for developing and maintaining strategic relationships with law enforcement authorities, government agencies, and related industry coalitions in Asia. The candidate will work cross-functionally with partners across the organization, and their insights will be applied to guide the company in its responses to these security risks and threats. The potential for impact with this work is substantial, as outcomes could affect the billions of people globally who use our products.
The perfect candidate will have a multidisciplinary investigative and analytics background, the ability to foster trusted relationships across different cultures and have the ability to make risk-based decisions. Successful candidates will be focused on results and are self-starters.
This position is a full-time role located in Singapore or Jakarta and would entail frequent travel within Asia.
- Develop a strategic program for managing effective working relationships with law enforcement, government authorities, and industry coalitions on safety, security and law enforcement issues
- Educate law enforcement authorities on our policies for protecting user privacy and responding to legal requests
- Work with investigation teams to develop and refer relevant matters to law enforcement authorities.
- Work with internal security teams to mitigate threats that could potentially impact Facebook's global workforce and business operations.
- Strategic thinker, problem solver with analytic experience, and experience drawing conclusions as well as formulate recommendations
- Experience prioritizing projects and assignments across multiple topics while meeting deadlines
- Experience understanding the intersection of global security risks
- Experience understanding different cultures and how those cultures utilize Facebook's products
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic, start-up culture
- Willingness to work off hours and overtime, including the weekend and occasional holidays, in order to support emergency matters and interact with globally based company employees
- Experience working with or in law enforcement
- Ability to frequently travel within Asia and occasional travel outside the region, particularly the United States
- Fluency in additional local or international language(s)
- Strong public speaking & presentation skills
- Technical knowledge and experience related to cybercrime and online investigations
- Knowledge of social media ecosystems
- 5+ years of post-college investigative experience conducting technical and non-technical investigations
Back to top