Security Analyst Intern, Threat Intelligence
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook's Information Security organization is seeking an intelligence analyst to join our team, which focuses on the impact of geopolitical dynamics and international security events on Facebook, its users, subsidiaries and related customers, particularly from a cybersecurity perspective. The candidate will work cross-functionally with analysts from different teams within Facebook and its family of companies, and his/her analytic insights will be applied to make Facebook and its users more secure. We are looking for a candidate who has both the background and passion for investigating how the interplay between cybersecurity, global affairs and transnational threats affect technology companies. The position will be located in Washington, DC.
- Provide reporting and analysis on the intersection of geopolitical and security risks as they apply to Facebook and its users, making use of data both internal and external to the organization
- Help provide research inputs in our team's tracking of malicious activity and provide context around ongoing threat campaigns
- Assist in scaling our ability to process and analyze related data more efficiently
- Design, develop, and produce analytic products and risk reports based on geopolitical, technical, demographic, and social data points
- Lead analytic projects from start-to-finish including all aspects of data analysis and effectively communicating results to audiences both technical and non-technical
- Passion for understanding the intersection of global security risks, and how they apply to Facebook and its users
- B.A/B.S., M.A./M.S., or PhD candidate in political science, economics, international relations, counterterrorism, or regional studies preferred
- Candidates with a joint degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field would have a significant advantage
- Experience using SQL and mining large data sets
- Experience scripting in Python and running functions in command line, with lesser emphasis on other programming languages and hard technical skills
- Ability to think critically and properly qualify assessments with concise, accurate communications
- Experience writing for an intelligence audience or in the context of intelligence analysis a plus
- Language skills highly desirable with an emphasis on Russian, Arabic, Persian
- Experience performing deep-dive regional and country analysis
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top