Security Analyst for Whitehat
- London, United Kingdom
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook's bug bounty program is seeking a skilled and motivated hacker to help us secure close to 3 billion users
You will be responsible for communicating with and validating security vulnerabilities from a community of researchers around the globe. You will gain insights of Facebook's codebase to understand the root cause of each vulnerability, and have the opportunity to play a key role in one of the largest bug bounty programs in the world.
This is a full time role based in London.
- Analyze, assess, and respond to various security vulnerabilities we receive as part of our Whitehat program.
- Follow up with researchers on unclear reports.
- Understand the root cause of security vulnerabilities to help the product team fix them.
- Play an active role in continuing to grow and develop the bug bounty program and other internal security and privacy initiative.
- Familiarity with web security issues (e.g. OWASP top 10).
- Ability to follow bug reports, reproduce and triage them.
- Good communication skills.
- Participation in bug bounty programs (not necessarily Facebook's bug bounty program).
- 2+ years of experience analyzing source code to find security vulnerabilities.
- Contributions to the security community (public research, blogging, presentations, etc).
Back to top