Search Quality Program Analyst
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
As a Search Quality Program Analyst, you will play a key role within Search engineering, driving projects that span the organization. Facebook Search is striving to redefine what is possible, and we need program managers that can do the same. This is a full-time position based in our main office in Menlo Park.
- Manage cross-functional search ranking improvement programs covering a range of areas.
- Lead Data Analytics initiatives including:
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in data sets in an effort to provide insights, recommendations and solutions for strategic decisions aligned with product teams and higher company initiatives.
- Analyze and interpret data and statistical models for ongoing and ad hoc requests.
- Monitor project health, including the generation of appropriate materials (weekly reports/dashboards) to drive business decisions.
- Participate in product teams brainstorms and provide direction on how to improve data quality.
- Review existing project guidelines, research and substantiate concept definitions that will help improve guidelines creation, understanding and standardization.
- Work with management to prioritize and define project's needs.
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
- Interface with Engineering teams for project requirements and scope.
- Improve data collection processes, quality, efficiency and decrease costs, through detailed analysis, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Drive program management aspects and the successful, timely execution of complex, cross-functional projects.
- Spot and creatively solve complex, cross-functional operational issues, often unique to each project.
- Tracking, triaging and escalation of bugs to Engineering Team.
- Drive internal and external process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Organizational, coordination and multi-tasking experience.
- Knowledge in quantitative and qualitative analysis methodologies and experience with SQL.
- Experience in thinking both individually and in a team environment.
- Communication experience working with technical teams.
- Interpersonal experience, including relationship building and collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Degree in a field analytical in nature (mathematics, economics, statistics, etc.) or equivalent experience.
- Experience in statistical analysis/languages, and models.
- Experience working with a data visualization (Tableau, Power BI, R or Python to build custom visual interfaces).
- Experience in search, social media, software, Internet or digital media industries.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top