Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Visiting Scientist to join our Infrastructure team. Term length would be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Contribute research that can be applied to Facebook Big Data Systems
- Devise better big data analytics infrastructure systems
- Track record as an academic in Distributed Database Systems, Storage Systems, and Analytics
- Ph.D. and at least 12 publications in Distributed Database Systems, Storage Systems, and Analytics
- Experience analyzing, designing, and building backend systems at industry
- Has insights and familiarity with Facebook scale Big Data storage and computing infrastructure and relevant Open Source Systems
- Ability to communicate research
- Experience in programming languages including C/C++, Java
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top