(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a seasoned professional to join our Infrastructure Construction Management team as the Scheduling Manager. The Scheduling Manager must be experienced in the field of scheduling with a solid working knowledge of scheduling and construction techniques & best practices. In addition, the candidate must have experience managing teams of schedulers, scheduling consultants, and/or project planners on highly complex and technical projects in addition to providing scheduling best practice guidance to internal and external program and project stakeholders.
The successful candidate will oversee the global scheduling team, consisting of program & project site scheduling engineers and consultants, in the planning, execution, and tracking of multiple highly technical projects on an on-going basis in close conjunction with our Infrastructure Construction Management and Pre-Construction teams. In addition, the selected candidate will provide scheduling expertise and guidance to our Site Selection, Energy, Design, and Strategic Planning & Analytics teams throughout the pre-construction and construction phases.
This position is full-time and located in our Menlo Park office. However, the project locations will be spread across the United States and rest of the world. Managing stakeholders located across all regions and time zones is a significant challenge and is key to the success of our projects.
- Responsible for directly managing a small global team of at least 3 scheduling professionals and consultant staff.
- Oversight of scheduling requirements associated with the planning, execution and tracking of multiple highly technical projects in close conjunction with our internal and external stakeholders to efficiently plan, execute, and complete projects successfully.
- Interface with pre-construction, construction management, design, and capacity-planning teams to develop accurate schedules to assist with pre-construction activities, budget generation, project kick off, and construction timeframes through project completion.
- Provide expert guidance to site selection, pre-construction, and construction teams in developing schedules to understand required resources in order to execute our projects successfully which may include resource planning, labor loading, cost loading, and stakeholder coordination of internal Facebook teams and external vendors.
- Ensure compliance with internal processes and align expectations early on in the project delivery cycle regarding realistic project delivery durations and associated work streams.
- Prepare program status reports and conduct regular meetings with internal stakeholders and management in order provide the current health and status of all projects within the program.
- Work in conjunction with the team's Subject Matter Experts (SME's) to understand the schedule impacts of new designs, materials and construction methods.
- Strategic planning including assisting in developing project coordination and scheduling, procurement timeframes and reviewing contractor schedules.
- Make recommendations to manage float and (re)sequence activities (if required) to achieve project milestone dates and interim target completion dates.
- Domestic and international travel required.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or equivalent technical degree and/or minimum of ten (10) years direct work experience in project planning, scheduling, and/or construction management.
- Experience in pre-construction programming and scheduling of multi-group, multi-disciplinary development projects, data centers or similar technical construction projects.
- Management, communication and coordination experience leading a global team and experience executing on a multi-level program.
- Experience with design and deployment of technical electrical and mechanical systems.
- Experience managing vendor relationships and knowledge of standard practices in the design and construction industry, including experience with fast-track design-build process and associated documents and contracts.
- Experience with ground-up greenfield site and renovation construction site development requirements.
- Experience with Primavera P6, Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top