SCE FATP Lead, Building 8
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
The Supply Chain Engineering (SCE) Team has the responsibility for evaluating technologies and identifying supply chain solutions that allow Building 8 to deliver products to market at scale. Building 8 seeks a SCE Lead focused on manufacturing test, test development, and supplier qualification for back-end Factory, Automation, Test and Pack-out (FATP). We are looking for a slightly impatient individual willing to face down their fear of failure to accomplish bold things. The role of a SCE FATP Lead is complex must be led by someone who is both technically proficient to work with the engineering design teams, but also experienced in supply chain and manufacturing test to bring that technology into the marketplace. Specific hardware and technology development will be done by Engineering teams however the SCE FATP Lead must have demonstrated knowledge of FATP systems and processes, understanding key factors in both the development and manufacturing aspects of integrated consumer electronics products. Your role will be to act as the interface between the Building 8 Engineering, Supply Chain, and Manufacturing teams to implement and execute comprehensive FATP test solutions for our products.This is a full- time position based in our Menlo Park office.
- Work with Engineering Team to identify the best supplier/partner to meet product requirements from both technical perspective as well as supply chain and manufacturing considerations
- Development and implementation of module test strategy during development and production phases of product life cycle. Work with Engineering and module vendor teams to design and assemble bench setups and test fixtures
- Develop test requirements and methodology with Engineering team, implement module tests at vendor sites, troubleshoot and solve issues during product development and manufacturing ramp
- Interface directly with the Engineering, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Quality, and Vendor teams to assist in the development of test procedures, including First Article, Reliability, Environmental, Production and Final Acceptance Testing
- Work directly with the test engineers providing guidance and support as necessary in test methods, equipment, and test set-ups
- Coordination of and travel to suppliers (foreign and domestic) to establish technical and manufacturing processes required during product development and volume manufacturing ramp
- BS or MS degree in engineering or related field
- 5+ years of experience in consumer electronic product development & volume manufacturing
- Experience with domestic and/or international consumer electronics vendors and supply chain
- Understanding of fundamental considerations of building hardware in development and volume production stages
- Experience in test automation and test frameworks to enable comprehensive test coverage
- Understanding of module test and manufacturing processes with direct experience managing manufacturing test implementation and execution
- Demonstrated ability to define, develop, and troubleshooting module test processes
- Ability & experience building cross-functional relationships at all levels of the organization
- Can-do attitude with the ability to drive results, motivate, and instill a sense of urgency in others
- Ability to be in a leadership position and achieve results with minimal supervision
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top