Sales Manager, Retail
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for a strong, experienced leader to help build and manage a team of Sales and Consultancy Professionals to sell and deliver Facebook's marketing solutions to large advertisers.
In this role, you will lead a highly talented team who serve our advertisers and partners on a daily basis. You will assume general management responsibilities while serving as a cross functional liaison; working with product, sales, business development, marketing and finance to drive Facebook's most important strategic priorities. In this fast-paced environment, you will wear many hats, providing guidance and direction in multiple functional areas. You should be comfortable with change and passionate about general management and consultative selling. This role will focus on the DACH market and is based in our Hamburg office.
- Play a critical role in building, training and managing a talented, motivated, highly consultative sales team.
- Develop strategies, tactics, narratives and solutions to create biggest value both for Partners and for Facebook.
- Build C-level relationships to help penetrate large organizations in the Retail Landscape DACH to develop full-funnel marketing solutions.
- Exceed sales, pricing and yield goals.
- Develop scalable operations solutions and improvements to support Facebook's continued advertiser growth.
- Work seamlessly between sales channels and business functions to continue revenue growth.
- Execute projects involving quantitative analysis, industry research and strategy development.
- 10+ years of consultancy or sales experience and 5+ years of management experience, digital or advertising industry is a plus
- Retail industry knowledge and strong personal network
- Experience in Marketing Strategies, Advertising, Media and Trade-Marketing
- Passionate mind sight and drive for success
- Strong analytical and strategic planning background
- High public speaking and excellent pitching qualities
- Excellent team player qualities
- Ability to effectively operate with high energy and flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment
- Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally
- Ability to build relationships offering a consultative sale to clients and partners
- Proven track record of reaching and exceeding sales revenue goals
- Consulting sales experience a plus
- BA/BS degree, MBA a plus
- Fluency in written and conversational English and German required
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top