Sales Compensation and Commissions Analyst
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is looking for a talented professional to join our Sales Operations team supporting Commissions. In this role, you will work with HR, revenue accounting team, and our Business Intelligence team for commission calculations. You will gain invaluable experience in a position which offers significant responsibility and interaction with senior management as well as considerable opportunity to have a large impact within a growing sales compensation organization. Our ideal candidate is a well-rounded top performer who can be a key contributor in a high-energy growth environment.
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of sales incentive payments (commissions) to the sales organization
- Maintain the systems, process and data that drives the sales incentive plans for a large sales organization
- Update and Audit data at the detailed Commissions, Payee, and Revenue level to ensure success of compliance and overall alignment
- Partner with HR, Sales Operations, Sales and IT teams to setup accurate quotas, territory assignments and revenue crediting
- Gather and standardize data from regional Sales Operations to fit Global templates
- Perform manual calculations of sales commissions and SPIFFs
- Perform weekly/quarterly data audits and system maintenance to accurately reflect payee records and compensation design components such as component weightings, quotas, accelerator rates and tiers
- Participate in the design/implementation process for system enhancements and complete user acceptance testing for calculation logic, data tables and reporting in the incentive compensation system and related CRM and revenue tools
- Ensure the Commissions payout process, controls and documentation is in accordance with SOX requirements
- Execute the quarterly process to create/change, publish, and obtain signoffs of the individual compensation plan documents and calculator tools
- Answer queries from the sales teams and provide regular quarterly training on sales incentives to the sales teams, with ad-hoc training provided as needed
- Research and QA quota and payout inconsistencies for Sales Operations
- Work with IT to resolve outstanding system issues
- Develop and track metrics to assess the effectiveness of the sales incentive compensation program
- BS in Finance, Accounting or equivalent
- 3+ years commission calculation experience
- Analytical and modeling skills as well as experience with financial statement analysis and understanding of corporate finance concepts
- Experience with Excel and Powerpoint
- Organized, detail-oriented, and ability to multi-task with limited supervision
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top