Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) Lead, Building 8
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Building 8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world. The B8 team will apply DARPA- style breakthrough development at the intersection of ambitious science and product development. It will operate on aggressive, fixed timelines, with extensive use of partnerships in universities, small and large businesses. The Sales and Operations Planning team has the responsibility for steering Building 8 supply chain, manufacturing, distribution, and fulfillment activities through a best in class weekly and monthly S&OP business rhythm. Building 8 seeks a Sales and Operations Planning Lead to join the team as we implement the S&OP process cadence and scale the tools and systems necessary to support growth and scale. We are looking for a slightly impatient individual willing to face down their fear of failure to accomplish bold things. The role of sales and operations planning manage is high-impact and complex, and it has to be undertaken by someone who is capable of complex problem solving, cross-organizational collaboration, and holds a tenacious passion for doing "what it takes". This is a full-time position based in our Menlo Park office.
- Scope, deploy, and ultimately own weekly demand/supply planning cadence with outbound channels, supply chain, and local and international operations/fulfillment.
- Support monthly S&OP process with key inputs, tool and content development, scenario modeling, and facilitation/support.
- Develop and manage planning solutions including immediate need for spreadsheet based solutions shifting focus to longer-term development of S&OP enterprise planning solutions.
- Develop and manage inbound and outbound order-flow, allocation, and backlog processes.
- Develop and maintain Building 8 sales, operations, and supply chain balanced scorecard / KPIs to support the S&OP process and drive continue operational improvement across Building 8.
- Frequently communicates with all layers of Building 8 management team and serves as the Building 8 process and tools expert across Facebook.
- 5+ years managing end-to-end high-tech sales and operations planning process
- Experience in Microsoft office suite software including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with ERP systems design, implementation, and use (specifically regarding planning, order management, allocations, and fulfillment).
- Communication and collaborative skills.
- University BS or MS in supply chain or related field
- Proven deadline-driven problem solver
- 5+ years consumer electronics planning experience.
- Experience in a startup / small-team entrepreneurial environment.
- Understanding of industry benchmarks and measures for SCOR supply chain model.
- APICS certified
- Ability & experience interfacing at all levels of the organization
- Ability & willingness to work in a matrix organization with direct & indirect reporting relationships
- Ability & willingness to achieve results with minimal supervision
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top