Safety Specialist, Community Operations
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Community Operations' focus is on improving the health of our products and helping people understand how to use them through both direct support interactions as well as scalable solutions. Those who join our teams are very passionate about solving people's issues, and are strong advocates for the Facebook and Instagram communities. We need influencers who can align cross-functional partners to ensure the best possible experience for our platforms. We are seeking a self-starter with a passion for mitigating real world harm, protecting our community and being the voice of our users. We count on our Safety Specialists to deliver qualitative and quantitative insight into user behavior in order to drive prevention and detection solutions at scale. By providing support to individuals in need, we identify areas for process improvement, enabling us to better protect our community at scale while focusing on decision quality to ensure we are held accountable for our actions. This is a cross-functional role that works closely with Security, Engineering, Policy, and other Facebook teams. This is a full time position, based in the Dublin, Ireland office.
- Manage day-to-day Safety operations against quality and efficiency targets in a highly dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Participate in investigations and resolve issues that are escalated to the team regarding potentially abusive content or real-world threats
- Analyze data to identify trends and malicious behaviour, identify user trends, and work cross-functionally on solutions
- Develop a deep understanding of Safety issues and how it affects our community
- Participate in on-call emergency escalation rotation as well as after-hours and weekend duty
- Bachelors degree and/or masters or equivalent experience
- Fluent in one of the following languages: Arabic, Spanish or French
- 2+ years of work experience in role involving strategic / analytical initiatives (project management, consulting experience, data analysis or technical systems) or customer service / operational support
- Detective-like mentality
- simultaneous passion for to helping users and obtaining the truth
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Self-starting, intellectually curious and creative individual comfortable operating in ambiguity
- Excellent communication skills, open, collaborative and proven team player
- Avid Facebook user, a passion for the product and ensuring a good user experience
- Fluency in other languages a plus
- Intermediate knowledge of data tools such as SQL, SAS and or data visualization (e.g. Tableau) tools
- Knowledge of other programming languages
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top