Safety Specialist, Community Operations
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
The Community Operations Safety Team strives to create a safe atmosphere for the Facebook and Instagram communities by way of outstanding support, education, and care for the various people around the world who use our platforms. We pride ourselves in helping prevent online and real-world harm by building fast, scalable support systems to address safety-related incidents on our products, and by influencing others to collaborate on cross-functional initiatives. We are seeking a resilient self-starter who is eager to learn, and who strives to help others. We count on specialists who are passionate about protecting users, and are excited to build systems to support millions of people. We value people who can strategically drive the team using macro-level insights, while still caring for micro-level cases affecting people around the globe.
- Regularly review and remove graphic content that violates our Statement of Rights and Responsibilities
- Analyze data to identify trends in site safety and malicious attacks
- Work directly with users and provide scaled support to resolve their issues
- Partner with Engineering, Security, and Analytics to identify, influence, and execute our abuse fighting strategies and tactics while improving the user experience on the site
- Develop and lead end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery of critical initiatives
- Drive change and collaborate effectively with a variety of individuals and organizations inside and outside the company
- Use sound analysis and impact metrics to solve complex business problems and develop new strategies and processes that increase operational efficiency and deliver better user experience
- BA/BS degree
- 1+ year(s) of work experience in role involving strategic/analytical initiatives (operations, project management, consulting experience, data analysis or technical systems)
- BA/BS degree in law, social work, or psychology
- Ability to work with graphic or sensitive content on a regular basis
- Experience in an online operations environment
- Experience with SQL
- Ability to communicate to a variety of audiences
- Ability to think under pressure, both individually and in team environment
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top