Safety Product Policy Manager
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an analytical thinker and strong communicator to join our Safety Policy team to work with our content policy team and well as other cross-functional teams to strategically provide inputs on product policies, operational processes and systems that have safety implications. The person in this job will have the skills and experience to identify and analyze online safety risks and issues, seek and collect external expert input, synthesize and prioritize guidance, share the same with relevant teams and participate in content policy development. This person also will work on other initiatives related to building a safer, more inclusive, and more informed community.
The position will require a willingness to dive into unfamiliar subjects and become an expert in them by working with relevant policy and operations teams. The job will require a deep knowledge of our current policies, including our Community Standards, our platform, apps, and services and systems in place to ensure the safety of our community, as well as flexible thinking to apply our principles to new situations and innovative products. The ideal candidate will be able to critically analyze and communicate the safety costs and benefits of refinements to these policies, principles, processes and systems both to internal and external stakeholders. The candidate will be comfortable making decisions when appropriate and will be able to effectively make recommendations to internal teams.
Successful candidates should have a strong background and interest in online safety, the proven ability to evaluate the public policy, safety policy and safety implications of our policies, processes and systems, and a proficiency in presenting to a variety of audiences, including policymakers, the proven ability to build needed relationships with key advocacy groups, policymakers, academics, and researchers. Candidates should be dedicated, detail-oriented, creative, resourceful, analytical, and knowledgeable about technology policy issues. We are looking for someone with a demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment, think and move quickly, produce results under tight deadlines, juggle many different projects at once, find pragmatic and creative solutions to business issues, provide concise and business-focused advice, and make sound judgments. Role will need a willingness to handle frequent calls during different time zones and to travel when required.
This is a full-time position located at our headquarters in Menlo Park, California.
- Build relationships with and understand the perspectives of external online safety stakeholders, including NGOs, subject matter experts, academics and researchers.
- Collect and provide feedback on our policies, community standards, reporting processes and systems to ensure safety issues and relevant external perspectives are appropriately considered in their development, and assist with landing of the same among external stakeholders, including policymakers, thought leaders, advocates and civil society.
- Build relationships with and understand the perspectives of partners on internal teams such as Product, Public Policy, Sales, Partnerships, Operations, Marketing, Communications, and Legal.
- Help articulate policy philosophy, policies and supporting rationale to relevant internal parties, including management, operations, and other internal stakeholders.
- Support team in handling safety related Content and Product Policy escalations, and collaborate in developing strategy and process.
- Bachelor's degree in public policy, legal, political science or similar field
- 10+ years of experience in public policy, policy enforcement, or law, with an emphasis on technology, child safety or womenâ€™s safety
- Experience in Internet/social media/media safety and content issues
- Experience with analytics and problem-solving
- Experience with consensus-building
- Knowledge of Facebook products, features, platform, and policies and operations for
- JD or Advanced degree
- Experience working at a tech company or with tech clients
- Global work experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top