Safety Policy Manager, Sub Saharan Africa
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebookâ€™s Public Policy Team is looking for a Safety Policy Manager to work in tandem with our policy, programs and communications teams for Sub-Saharan Africa in analyzing, responding to and strategically managing safety policy issues and programmatic responses in region as part of the companyâ€™s global safety policy and safety programs efforts.
Successful candidates will have the skills and experience to identify and analyze safety policy risks and issues, and develop and execute effective responses. Successful candidates should have a strong background and interest in online safety policy, the proven ability to evaluate the public and safety policy implications of our policies, products and features, a proficiency in presenting publicly to a variety of audiences, including policymakers, and the proven ability to support and build needed relationships with key advocacy groups, policymakers, academics, and researchers.
Candidates should be detail oriented, creative, resourceful, analytical, and knowledgeable about technology policy issues, have excellent writing and presenting skills, and have experience in developing and executing high-profile technology, corporate and/or political campaign efforts. This is a full-time position located in London, England.
- Identify and analyze policy risks, trends, and issues in Sub-Saharan Africa and share learnings with internal teams involved in the policy mission in region and across the company
- Development and implementation of safety related policy programs and the influencing of policy in coordination with local policy leads in the region.
- Provide feedback on the potential impact within the region of our policies, products, and features, to ensure regional safety issues are appropriately considered in their development
- Assist in the development, maintenance, and deepening of relationships with NGOs, academic experts and other stakeholders so as to cultivate expert resources and third party advocates needed by public policy, programs, comms, and other teams throughout Facebook.
- Work cross functionally with comms, public policy, marketing, product policy, security ops, engineering, programs and partnerships to elevate influencer knowledge and understanding of all the work being done to ensure the online safety of our community
- Developing safety programs, events and presentations needed by the public policy managers in their efforts to shape policy and thoughtful legislation
- Speak at major safety events and at online safety related meetings as needed to communicate Facebookâ€™s efforts regarding youth and family online safety and well-being, as well as develop and reinforce Facebookâ€™s reputation in region as a leader in online safety.
- Minimum bachelorâ€™s degree, or equivalent in policy, law, marketing, business, communications or a relevant subject or discipline required
- advanced degree highly recommended
- 7+ years of experience in technology policy issues, as well as an understanding of applicable regulatory and self-regulatory regimes needed
- Experience with the Internet technology industry preferred
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook products, features, platform, and policies and operations for
- Strong communication, analytic, organizational, and writing skills, proactive work ethic, and strong interpersonal skills needed
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment, think and move quickly, juggle different projects at once, find pragmatic and creative solutions to business issues
- Fluent in English
- Willingness to travel extensively and to handle calls during different time zones.
- Competitive Salary including the following benefits apply:
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Pension Benefits
- Life Assurance
- Childcare Benefits
- Gym Benefits
- Transport benefits
- Laundry Benefit
- Posted: 5th March 2019
- Closing date: 2nd April 2019
Back to top