Safety Manager, Community Operations
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Community Operations' focus is on supporting our users through both direct support interactions as well as scalable solutions, and on improving the health of our products by helping people understand how to use them. The Safety team within Community Operations strives to create a safe atmosphere for the Facebook and Instagram communities through outstanding support, education, and care for the various people around the world who use our platforms. We pride ourselves in helping prevent online and real-world harm by building fast, scalable support systems to address safety-related incidents on our products, and by influencing others to collaborate on cross-functional initiatives.
Facebook is looking for an experienced Safety Manager to join our Global Safety team, the team responsible for keeping the Facebook platform safe for our community of two billion users. If you are energized by the goal of giving people the power to build community and bring the world closer together and have a passion for helping others, this role is for you. This role is a full-time position, based at our HQ in Menlo Park, CA.
- Provide people management, mentorship, and career development to members of your team, including managers and individual contributors
- Help shape global team vision and establish team goals, and work with direct reports and leaders across the organization on strategies for executing, measuring progress, and sharing results
- Understand top safety abuse concerns, quality, or customer insight data, and support your team in making recommendations to improve our product, policies, and procedures to keep the platform safe
- Deliver projects involving quantitative analysis, industry research, and strategy development, working directly with global cross-functional teams to problem solve and develop solutions
- Build strategic relationships with global and cross-functional teams to understand and anticipate risks to the company, and develop global solutions across operations and policy
- Regularly communicate and interface with senior leadership and global executives in crisis management situations
- BA/BS degree
- 5+ years of people management experience
- 5+ years of experience in operations, consulting, or analytics
- Demonstrated ability to manage ambiguous situations
- Ability to communicate to a variety of audiences
- 3+ years in the Trust & Safety space
- Experience working with highly sensitive graphic content
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top