Safety Manager, Community Operations
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
The Community Operations Safety Team strives to create a safe atmosphere for the Facebook and Instagram communities by way of outstanding support, education, and care for the various people around the world who use our platforms. We pride ourselves in helping prevent online and real-world harm by building fast, scalable support systems to address safety-related incidents on our products, and by influencing others to collaborate on cross-functional initiatives.
Facebook is looking for a people manager to join the Global Safety team. You will enjoy leading a tight knit team with some of the most talented people in this field and working closely with global cross-functional partners including Legal, Public Policy, and Engineering to problem solve and develop scalable solutions. If you are energized by the goal of connecting the world and have a passion for helping others, this role is for you. This is a full-time position, based in Menlo Park, CA.
- Establish team goals and work with direct reports on strategies for executing, measuring progress and sharing results
- Lead and enable a high-performing team to deliver on goals as they provide superb 1:1 support, enabling deeper and more scalable solutions
- Provide mentorship, guidance and career development to a team of safety specialists
- Understand top safety concerns and other quality or customer insight data, and support your team in making recommendations to improve our product, policies, and procedures to keep the platform safe
- Deliver projects involving quantitative analysis, operational workflow improvements, and improving the user experience
- Advocate for users within their market, partnering with global and cross-functional teams to develop global solutions
- 5+ years of experience in an operations, project management, safety, policy, or related environment
- 1+ years of people management experience
- BA/BS degree
- Ability to work with graphic or sensitive content on a regular basis
- Experience in an online operations environment
- Ability to communicate to a variety of audiences
- Ability to think under pressure, both individually and in team environment
- Project management and process-improvement background
- Ability to think strategically using analytical problem-solving skills
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top