Safety Investigator: Online Safety (Information Security)
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The Online Safety, Security team within Facebook Information Security analyzes current trends in user safety, investigates cases, and develops solutions to mitigate future risk. The team is looking for an experienced investigator with a passion for investigation and analysis, cybercrime, and problem solving.
This is a cross-functional role that works closely with Operations, Engineering, Policy, and External Outreach teams. This is a full-time position based in our Menlo Park office.
- Lead investigations into accounts to identify sources of abusive behavior
- Share case studies with internal teams and highlight potential trends of how suspects and victims use Facebook
- Identify and consult on the design of countermeasures to stop abuse
- Gather and synthesize relevant data, suggesting improvements in the tools and techniques to help scale the team and mitigate future risk
- Interface with legal, law enforcement, and industry partners when appropriate
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Security
- 4+ years of investigations in child protection domains
- Experience working with analytical tools, internet based research tools and relational databases
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to build cross-functional relationships
- Time management and organizational skills
- Ability to protect highly confidential information
- Additional languages
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top