Safety Investigator, Community Operations
- Sunnyvale, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Community Operations' focus is on supporting our users through both direct support interactions as well as scalable solutions, and on improving the health of our products by helping people understand how to use them. Those who join our teams are very passionate about solving people's issues, and are strong advocates for the Facebook community. We need influencers who can align cross-functional partners to ensure the best possible experience for our platforms. If you like helping people, Community Operations is for you.
Facebook is seeking a Safety Investigator to join our Safety Investigations team. The candidate will be responsible for helping Facebook learn about safety related threats that could manifest within Facebook's family of products in an effort to make Facebook and its users more secure through product and policy changes. The candidate will work with partners across the company and internally share their investigative findings. The potential for impact with this work is substantial as outcomes could affect billions of people who use our products. Safety Investigators will have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging, complicated, and high-visibility security risks the company is facing.
The ideal candidate will have a multidisciplinary investigative and analytical background and the ability to make risk-based decisions. It is highly important candidates are focused on results and are self-starters.
- Conduct reviews and deep analysis of potential threats that can manifest on Facebook's platforms using a variety of methodologies
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to solicit requirements and gather feedback
- Think creatively and develop tactical/strategic plans to address challenges
- Manage multiple analyses at once while effectively prioritizing time
- Work cross-functionally with other analytic and investigative teams across the company
- Document findings through analytical and other products
- Address sensitive content issues, including but not limited to graphic images, videos and writings, offensive or derogatory language, and other objectionable material
- 5+ years of investigative and/or analytical experience conducting technical and non-technical audits and investigations
- Experience influencing teams and projects without official authority
- Experience with pattern, network and behavioral analysis
- Knowledge of current events and international affairs
- Knowledge of SQL, Python or other data analytics programming languages
- Understanding of global geopolitical, cultural and social issues
- Familiarity and experience working in the context of risk assessment and due diligence
- Experience understanding different cultures and how those cultures utilize Facebook's products
- Multilingual fluency
- Experience working with or for an Internet-based company
- Results-driven self-starter with experience in prioritizing
- Adversarial mindset
Back to top