Safety & Compliance Engineer (Oculus)
(Menlo Park, CA)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
As a Safety and Compliance Engineer in Oculus' Health, Safety & Compliance team, you will be responsible for developing and executing our Product Safety and Hazard plans as well as Regulatory Compliance across all Oculus products. You will interact closely with cross-functional teams such as Hardware Engineering, Product Design, Quality, Reliability, Operations, and Logistics.
The Oculus team at Facebook builds the VR hardware and platform to let you experience anything, anywhere, with anyone. Additionally, Facebook has teams dedicated to building social experiences in VR that make it easier to spend time with your friends, wherever they are. Virtual reality's potential to connect the world is immense-and we're just getting started. Oculus Research is driving the state of the art forward with breakthrough work in computer vision, advanced optics, eye tracking, mixed reality, and new ways to map the human body.
Oculus is a world leader in the design of virtual and augmented reality systems. Come work alongside expert's product and hardware engineers, who bring our vision of VR and AR to reality. Join the adventure of a lifetime as we make science fiction real and change the world.
- Provide strategic guidance to design teams regarding compliance and regulatory design requirements
- Review the compliance of project designs and documentation to meet or exceed all applicable regulating bodies minimum requirements
- Ensure that Compliance is supplemented by a thorough product safety evaluation, using DFMEA, FTA, and other Hazard Analyses tools
- Continually review and update current internal standards to ensure compliance with certifying entities as specifications evolve
- Obtain compliance type approvals for all product lines to ensure entry into domestic and international locations and markets
- Ensure that all products receive necessary compliance approvals and certifications necessary to get through customs internationally
- Participate in design reviews and provide direction to product development teams on product regulatory compliance issues
- Assist Engineering and Product Operations staff on achieving safety and regulatory compliance on schedule and on budget
- Test production-level units for both NPI and sustaining programs in order to meet global certifications (i.e., FCC, CE, Product Safety, and Environmental)
- Evaluate and interpret US, EU and other international regulations and standards to ensure compliance and manage risk with respect to product requirements
- Willing to travel overseas as needed
- Experience with troubleshooting techniques related specifically to compliance issues
- Experience developing Safety FMEA, Product Hazard Analysis, FTA, and other identification methods
- Knowledge of regulatory approval process (e.g. IEEE, UL, CE, FCC, GCF, CA Prop65, RoHS, REACH)
- EMC design, test, and mitigation experience
- Experience with test and analysis methodologies and test equipment used for regulatory compliance tests
- Experience with regulatory requirements worldwide and working with test labs
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top