Rotational Production Network Engineer, University Grad
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for talented, highly motivated university graduates for our Network Engineering team. As a member of the team, you will work alongside experienced Backbone, Datacenter, Performance and Automation engineers on a large scale global network.
This will be your network and it is constantly growing. Your primary function will be to ensure that the network is reliable, robust and can scale to meet the challenges that serving over a billion users presents. Automation and continuous improvement are the keys to meeting our demands; you will be responsible for developing and deploying network designs, automation systems and network performance improvements into our production network..
Do you feel that you can do more than what your network's growth allows? Do you want to solve problems that can only be seen in large scale environments? Do you want to work on one of the most dynamic, fast paced networks in the world? Do you want to help in our mission to make the world more open and connected? Then this is the role for you!
This is a full-time position based in our Menlo Park office.
- Build experience with Backbone, Datacenter, and Network Infrastructure Engineering teams through rotational experiences during your first year
- Build, manage and maintain multi-vendor, multi-protocol datacenter and backbone networks
- Develop optimized network monitoring systems
- Design, and deploy new network architectures
- Develop automated methods to mitigate and remediate network events
- Analyze data to diagnose and identify root causes to network issues
- Be an active participant in deep technical discussions
- Develop and maintain consistency within the network infrastructure
- Experience scripting/coding
- Experience with network device configuration
- Experience with Linux/Unix
- Knowledge of TCP/IP
- Analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Network Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
- Knowledge of Switch and Routing concepts and implementation
- Knowledge of routing protocols BGP, OSPF and ISIS
- Knowledge of tunneling protocols MPLS, GRE, IPnIP
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top