Risk Assessment Investigator, Risk and Response
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Risk Assessment team seeks to identify and prioritize emerging external risks, lead investigations probing our systems to evaluate these risks, deliver action-oriented assessments to benefit our partners (advertisers) and users, and conduct post mortem investigations to provide critical insights to our internal cross functional stakeholders.
We're seeking a Risk Assessment Investigator with a passion for uncovering risks and easily adopt an independent perspective when making evaluations. Our Business Risk Investigators will focus on risks within ads and commerce, while our Community Risk Investigators will focus on content-based risk. Successful candidates will excel at project management, as well as creating and delivering compelling risk assessments to key partners.
- Conduct investigations to bring deeper understanding and knowledge of potential risk areas to our community and/or ads and commerce
- Use quantitative & qualitative research methods to perform root cause analyses on investigative findings or high priority escalations
- Work with key stakeholders to identify community and/or ads risks from a news, policy, communications, and safety perspective
- Develop a framework for prioritizing perceived community and/or ads risks that need to undergo deeper investigation
- Shape how we approach offensive investigations as an external actor that pressure tests our community support and/or integrity systems
- Identify and recommend improvements to policies, processes, systems, and products that mitigates risk to the company
- Synthesize investigative findings through the creation of reports and presentations that provide a coherent narrative assessing external risk
- Address sensitive content issues, including but not limited to content relating to offensive images and writings, offensive or derogatory language, or other offensive or controversial material
- 4+ years experience in investigations, content enforcement, online ads, public policy, press management, or internet safety
- Analytical-thinking and problem-solving experience
- Experience operating strategic projects with cross-functional partners
- Experience driving cases through process to resolution
- Communication: demonstrated experience influencing across functional boundaries and/or globally
- -Experience communicating results of analyses with partners and leadership teams to influence the strategy of those teams
- Experience in international internet/social media ads or commerce issues
- Ability to use and learn tools like SQL and Excel to drive analytics and reporting
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top