Risk Assessment Analyst, Risk and Response
(Austin, TX - Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Risk Assessment team seeks to identify and prioritize emerging external risks, lead investigations probing our systems to evaluate these risks, deliver action-oriented assessments to benefit our partners and users, and conduct post-mortem investigations to provide critical insights to our internal cross functional stakeholders.
We're seeking a technically-minded Risk Assessment Analyst with a passion for uncovering risks and utilizing data to formulate an independent perspective when making evaluations. Our Business Risk Analyst will focus on risks within ads and commerce, while our Community Risk Analyst will focus on content-based risk. Successful candidates will excel at building and implementing frameworks, as well as creatively utilizing data to create and deliver compelling risk assessments to key partners.
- Conduct investigations to bring deeper understanding and knowledge of potential risk areas in ads, commerce and/or our community
- Use data and internal tools to identify and investigate potential risk areas and patterns at scale and across abuse types
- Create a framework using internal data for a quantitative model of measuring risk
- Use quantitative & qualitative research methods to perform root cause analyses on investigative findings or high priority escalations
- Partner with internal experts to build a deep understanding of how, where, and why diverse forms of abuse are experienced across the platform
- Develop programs and methodologies that shape how we approach offensive investigations as an external actor that pressure tests our community support and/or advertisement integrity systems
- Synthesize investigative findings through the creation of reports and presentations that provide a coherent narrative assessing external risk
- Identify data and tooling requirements in order to influence project prioritization and roadmaps
- 4+ years experience in investigative, data analysis, or technical systems work
- 4+ years experience using SQL or R to perform advanced analysis
- Problem solving and analytical experience
- Experience communicating results of technical analyses with non-technical partners and leadership teams to influence the strategy of those teams
- Experience driving cases through process to resolution
- Experience operating strategic projects with cross-functional partners
- Experience in one of more of the following programming languages: Python, PHP or Haskell
- Experience working with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau)
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top