(Woodland Hills, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
The goal of Internet.org’s Connectivity Lab team is to develop technology to provide internet access to the two thirds of the world who are not yet connected to the Internet today. Facebook is looking for someone to help with our RF/mm-wave Engineering efforts in our Woodland Hills Lab to assist in these efforts.
- Will be part of the team designing high capacity energy efficient microwave and mm-wave RF links.
- Develop innovative highly sensitive receivers for high capacity, energy efficient communications at mm-wave frequencies.
- Develop power efficient mm-wave high power amplifier solutions for terrestrial, aerial and space based applications.
- Design low loss RF front ends at mm-wave frequencies.
- Work with digital baseband engineers and antenna engineers to optimize the overall wireless communication system.
- Field test prototypes, take measurement data and refine designs based on captured data.
- Work on proof of concept new designs in the laboratory.
- Transition innovative designs to field able products at Facebook speed.
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering with at least 5 years of relevant experience, or PhD in Electrical Engineering with at least 2 years of relevant experience.
- Experience designing energy efficient RF front ends in the mm-wave and microwave frequencies.
- Experience with developing envelope tracking, pre-distortion, Doherty configurations, out-phasing amplifier designs.
- Proficient with RF test hardware such as Vector Network Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, Spectrum Analyzer, wafer probe testers, arbitrary waveform generators.
- Experience with passive waveguide components desired.
- Experience with steerable antennas desired.
- Experience with RF design software such as SystemVue, ADS, GoldenGate.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top