RF Systems Engineer
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
We are looking for an experienced RF Engineer to architect and drive the design, test, and optimization of our new generation wireless systems connectivity solutions. The successful candidate will be responsible for defining the specifications of the RF system building blocks from the baseband interface to the over-the-air interface, of high capacity energy efficient mmWave and RF links. The successful candidate will also be responsible for integrating the RF system with other interfacing systems such as power supplies and baseband units in a congruent and efficient manner. This work will be done both in-house and through partners.
- Define RF architectures, specifications, design and test methodologies
- Simulations for RF design and de-sense mitigation (3D EM and circuit level simulations)
- Own end-to-end performance of the antenna-RF subsystems including calibration techniques for performance enhancement
- Work closely with internal and external cross-functional teams to ensure optimal system level performance
- Drive product executions through development, compliance testing, operator testing and ramp up
- Work with Original Design Manufacturers (ODMs) and Contract Manufacturers (CMs)
- Drive system integration, test, debugging and de-sense analysis
- Present RF work status regularly with clear articulation of design choices
- Review and contribute to high frequency RF PCB design including interface between PCB and antenna and interface between PCB and digital boards
- 5+ years of experience in RF wireless system design and architecture
- Experience with some of the test equipment: Channel Emulators, Channel Sounders, RF Microwave/Millimeter wave Synthesizers, Spectrum Analyzers, Digital Oscilloscopes, RF Power Meters, Arbitrary Waveform Generators, Logic Analyzers, Vector Network Analyzers, Signal Generators
- Experience in high frequency PCB Simulations, design and measurements
- Proven track record in taking an RF/Wireless product through development, compliance testing, operator testing and ramp-up
- Experience in working with ODM/CM's
- Experience in conducted and OTA gain/power/link budget analysis
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top