RF Systems Engineer, Building 8
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Building 8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world. The B8 team will apply DARPA-style breakthrough development at the intersection of ambitious science and product development. It will operate on aggressive, fixed timelines, with extensive use of partnerships in universities, small and large businesses. The Product Launch Team has the responsibility for taking breakthroughs and delivering them to market at scale. Building 8 seeks a RF Systems Engineer who has experience in consumer electronics and mobile products. We are looking for a slightly impatient individual willing to face down their fear of failure to accomplish bold things. This is a full-time position based in our Menlo Park office.As an RF Systems Engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products. You will work closely with an internal cross-functional teams, and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution and test. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.As part of the Building 8 Electrical Engineering team, you will be responsible for wireless design and integration for Building 8 products. This includes the development and optimization of various wireless technologies including 802.11 (Wi-Fi), Bluetooth and other IoT technologies.
- Provide guidance and leadership to RF design activities for internal and external teams.
- Communicate RF work status regularly with clear articulation of design choices along the way.
- Define the RF architecture, specification, design and test methodology,
- Simulate, implement, validate and optimize RF circuits (including schematic capture and PCB layout).
- Perform simulations for RF design and desense mitigation (3D EM and circuit level simulations).
- Perform multi-radio coexistence mitigation (including RF link budget planning and issue debugging).
- Characterize and debug desense and EMI issues to meet requirements.
- Work with antenna design and test vendors to ensure the quality of the overall system design.
- Work closely with internal and external cross-functional teams to ensure meets the specs at the component, board, and system level.
- Design and execute a test methodology for characterizing system performance with external partners and test houses.
- Take the product through development, compliance testing, operator testing, ramp up and sustaining.
- Leverage ODM/CM's resources to maximize the focus of our internal resources on adding value and differentiation to our product.
- Identify design risks and develop mitigation strategies.
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering specializing in RF or electromagnetics.
- 5+ years of experience in RF design for consumer electronics.
- Experience in wireless system design and architecture, system integration, test, debugging and desense analysis.
- Experience with RF lab equipment including VNA, power meters, spectrum analyzers, vector signal generators.
- Experience with RF and EM simulation software.
- Experience working with ODMs and CMs, as well as JDM development.
- Communication skills.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top