Revenue Manager, New Monetization Initiatives
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking to fill the position of Revenue Manager, New Monetization Initiatives. The successful candidate will have a proven record of building and leading a finance team supporting various new monetization initiatives. In this newly created role, the Revenue Manager will research and document on technical revenue accounting issues and help develop accounting policies for new products. Additional responsibilities will include month end close and fulfillment of internal and external audit requests. The individual must be a self-starter and work with limited direction while taking full ownership of their areas of responsibility. They will be expected to problem solve, recommend solutions and exercise good business judgment while performing their functions. The candidate is expected to have a strong business acumen coupled with a technical accounting background and strong communication skills to effectively facilitate information flow between Product Marketing, Engineering and Finance organizations.
- Draft accounting memos on complex or material issues, and resolve review comments independently.
- Assist in development of accounting policies for new monetization initiatives.
- Interpret contractual language and identify proper application of accounting treatments.
- Partner with Finance/Product Engineering/Finance IT teams on design and delivery of innovative system solutions to support new product launches.
- Assist with month end close procedures including preparation of journal entries, reconciliations, and other duties as necessary.
- Fulfill internal and external audit requests.
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly reporting packages to management.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- 10+ years of experience in accounting or finance
- Experience creating memo, process documentation, and setting up control and process framework
- Experience in public accounting
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top