(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook, Inc. is seeking a dynamic individual to fill the position of Revenue Accountant. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy and completeness of the online media revenue process and continually developing and enhancing financial systems supporting a fast-growing global advertising business. Additional responsibilities will include month end close activities and fulfillment of internal and external audit requests. The individual must be a self-starter and work with limited direction while taking full ownership of their areas of responsibility. They will be expected to problem solve, recommend solutions, and exercise good business judgment while performing their functions. He/she is expected to have a strong business acumen coupled with a technical accounting background and strong communication skills to effectively facilitate information flow between cross-functional business partners and the Finance organization.
- Assist with month end close procedures including preparation and/or review of journal entries, reconciliations, and other duties as necessary.
- Ensure an accurate and timely, monthly, quarterly, and year-end close.
- Fulfill internal and external audit requests.
- Research revenue recognition issues and draft technical accounting memos.
- Perform contract review to ensure compliance with GAAP and internal policies.
- Work closely with Product Engineering/Finance IT teams on design and delivery of innovative system solutions.
- Identify process gaps and independently develop and implement solutions.
- Develop scalable processes for new line of businesses.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal team members and cross-functional teams.
- 4+ years of accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Understanding of U.S. GAAP
- Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Attention to detail
- Operational experience in a public company
- Experience with Oracle ERP and Salesforce
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top