Researcher, Business Products (WhatsApp)
(Menlo Park, CA)
WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas - making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
WhatsApp is seeking an exceptional individual to be a researcher to join the WhatsApp Business Products Team. If you are intellectually curious, love discovering user insights, working on the full-cycle of a product, being the voice of the user and want to impact the lives of hundreds of millions of users globally, this is the role for you!
You must have the flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and be excited to operate independently in a fast-paced and growing environment. This is a full-time position based with the WhatsApp team at Facebook HQ in Menlo Park, California and will report to WhatsApp's Director of Growth & Monetization.
- Conceptualize, design and conduct user research through the product life-cycle from ideation to new and existing features
- Conduct qualitative studies, including field observation and interviews, remote and in-person usability studies
- Design quantitative studies, including experiments and surveys
- Collaborate closely with analysts, designers, product managers, and engineers
- Ability to work independently and adapt research practices to meet the needs of a start-up environment
- Synthesize and communicate research findings to inform business and product decisions
- Learn about WhatsApp users, both customers and businesses, globally
- 4+ years of experience in user research in applied product research
- Knowledge of mixed methods, with an emphasis on both qualitative and quantitative research
- B.A/B.S. in Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Experimental Psychology, or a related field
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top