Research VR/AR Software Engineer, PhD University Grad (Oculus)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
You're a Software Engineer with a deep C++ skill set and a passion for working on breakthrough new technology. You're also a 3D math whiz with a background in real time systems. You love solving novel problems from first principles. You're always on the lookout for better, faster, and smaller solutions. At Oculus Research you'll build cutting-edge research prototypes that explore the future of virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR). Join a world-class team experimenting with bold ideas in areas including optics, haptics, tracking, displays, computer vision, user experience, audio, and perceptual psychology. Work alongside expert Scientists, Mechanical Engineers, Electrical Engineers and Software Engineers to create the technology that makes VR and AR pervasive and universal. Join the adventure of a lifetime as we make science fiction real and change the world.
- Analyze, design, develop and debug real time VR and AR software for advanced prototypes and user experiences.
- Collaborate in a team environment across multiple scientific and engineering disciplines, making the architectural tradeoffs required to rapidly deliver software solutions
- Develop software for a variety of consumer devices, including novel sensing systems, tracking systems, imaging systems and haptic devices
- Write clean readable code, debug complex problems that span systems, prioritize ruthlessly and get things done with a high level of efficiency
- Learn constantly, dive into new areas with unfamiliar technologies, and embrace the ambiguity of VR problem solving
- PhD in Computer Science, related STEM or quantitative field
- Must be available to start employment on or after June 2017
- Research and/or work experience in Algorithms, Architecture, Compilers, Computer Vision, Computer Graphics, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Physics, Robotics, or Sensor Fusion
- 3D math and linear algebra skills
- 5+ years C++ experience, including modern C++ features
- A documented history of increasing responsibilities and decision-making experience
- Interpersonal skills: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
- Able to obtain work authorization in the US beginning in 2017
- Experience in 3D graphics
- Experience working on Unreal or Unity game development engines
- Demonstrated software engineer experience via an internship, work experience, coding competitions, or widely used contributions in open source repositories (e.g. Github)
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top