Research Scientist, Virtual Humans (PhD University Grad)
Facebook Reality Labs (FRL) is a world leader in the design of virtual and augmented reality systems. We are currently seeking innovative researchers with a passion for technology to develop the next generation of virtual humans. The focus of this role is on full body capture and reconstruction using machine learning techniques. The position requires a combination of education and experience in machine learning, computer vision, and computer graphics.
- Plan and execute cutting-edge research to advance the state-of-the-art in virtual humans and digital double understanding.
- Develop new advanced technologies related to the generation of convincing virtual humans.
- Formulation of new machine learning models for virtual humans.
- Collaborate with other researchers, engineers, and 3D artists to prototype hardware and software solution, experiments and concepts that advance the entire project.
- Currently has or is in the process of obtaining a PhD degree or completing a postdoctoral assignment in the field of Computer Vision or Machine Learning
- 2+ years' experience in machine learning applied to computer vision problems
- 2+ years' experience in deep learning applied to human detection, pose estimation, tracking, segmentation, classification
- Experience in python, and with mainstream deep learning framework
- Must be available to start employment on or after January 1, 2019
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Interpersonal experience: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
- Proven track record of achieving significant results as demonstrated by grants, fellowships, patents, as well as first-authored publications at leading computer vision workshops or conferences such as (CVPR, ECCV, ICCV)
- Experience with various problems like human modeling, detection, tracking, reconstruction, and visual attribute classification
- Experience with state-of-the-art deep learning models (deep CNN, VAE, GAN)
Back to top