Research Scientist, Virtual Humans
- Marin City, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook Reality Labs (FRL) is a world leader in the design of virtual and augmented reality systems. We are currently seeking innovative researchers with a passion for technology to develop the next generation of virtual humans. The focus of this role is on human motion and appearance capture, reconstruction and rendering. The position requires a combination of education and experience in computer vision, computer graphics, physics simulation and machine learning.
- Plan and execute cutting-edge research to advance the state-of-the-art in virtual humans.
- Develop new advanced technologies related to the generation of convincing virtual humans, like dense 3D surface reconstruction, photorealistic capture and rendering methods, statistical deformation models, human biomechanics, markerless motion capture or physics-based simulation.
- Formulation of new machine learning, analysis, and simulation approaches for virtual humans.
- Collaborate with other researchers, engineers, and 3D artists to prototype hardware and software solution, experiments and concepts that advance the entire project.
- PhD in the field of Computer Graphics, Computer Science, Physics or Machine Learning with a proven academic track-record.
- 3+ years' experience in realistic character generation, including deformable geometry, photorealistic lighting, anatomical motion or physically-based simulation and animation.
- 3+ years' experience implementing and developing character simulation and/or machine-learning algorithms.
- First-authored publications at leading workshops or conferences such as CVPR, ECCV/ICCV, SIGGRAPH, NIPS, etc.
- Experience with character generation for high-end VFX and/or video game applications.
- Proven track record of achieving significant results as demonstrated by grants, fellowships, patents.
- Experience with machine learning and state-of-the-art deep learning models (CNN, VAE, GAN).
- Demonstrated software engineer experience via an internship, work experience, coding competitions, or widely used contributions in open source repositories (e.g. GitHub).
- Experience with designing real-time systems in C++.
Back to top