Research Scientist, Speech Recognition (PhD)
Our team advances the state-of-the-art in Speech & Audio. We create spoken language technology to make it faster and easier for people to build community and connect with others around the world. We work on all aspects of speech and audio processing, including speech recognition and synthesis, speaker identification, acoustic event detection and music analysis and generation. Our technology is deployed at scale, including voice interfaces for Portal and Oculus devices, and video understanding for Facebook and Instagram, including transcription, captioning, and content understanding. Our video understanding efforts are unique in their scope and scale, processing the billions of videos that Facebook and Instagram receive in dozens of languages. Facebook is seeking a Speech Recognition Research Scientist to join our Speech team. We are looking for researchers in Machine Learning and AI with strong technical skills. The ideal candidate will have research experience developing speech recognition systems in different languages. The candidate will help Facebook conduct research that supports naturally spoken input in more than 70 languages.
RESEARCH SCIENTIST, SPEECH RECOGNITION (PHD) RESPONSIBILITIES
- Optimizing acoustic model training procedures especially discriminative training for using large amounts of audio data in different languages
- Create language models from large corpora of text data in different languages using Hadoop/Hive
- Work closely with other speech recognition experts and researchers on implementing algorithms that power user-facing and developer-facing products
- Be responsible for measuring and optimizing the quality of your algorithms
- Build integrated speech recognition systems and perform evaluations
- Currently has or is in the process of obtaining a PhD degree or completing a postdoctoral assignment in the field of speech recognition, speech synthesis, or related machine learning area
- Research and/or work experience in machine learning, deep learning, and/or speech technology, such as speech recognition or synthesis
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python and Shell scripts
- Experience in C/C++
- Knowledge with deep learning tools
- Proven track record of achieving results as demonstrated by grants, fellowships, patents, as well as first-authored publications at workshops or conferences such as ICASSP and Interspeech
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
RELATED JOB OPENINGS
- Data Scientist, Analytics (PhD)
Menlo Park, CA + 2 More
- Research Scientist, Artificial Intelligence (PhD)
Pittsburgh, PA + 3 More
- Research Scientist, Computer Vision (PhD)
Menlo Park, CA + 3 More
- Research Scientist, Machine Learning (PhD)
Menlo Park, CA + 3 More
- Research Scientist, Systems and Infrastructure (PhD)
Menlo Park, CA + 4 More
- Software Engineer, Specialized Machine Learning (PhD)
Redmond, WA + 4 More
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com . Requests sent to this email address that do not pertain to disability or religious accommodations cannot be answered.
Questions? Check out our FAQs.
Back to top